Holi Festival: A Fun Celebration
“Life is a festival only to the wise.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Holi Festival began in India and Nepal as a tradition held in the spring to celebrate love, color, happiness, belonging, and the new life spring brings.
The festival is a fun-for-all carnival of colors.
Participants play, chase, and color each other with dry powder, colored water, or even colored water-filled balloons for a water fight.
“WE” think it’s an incredible way for us to come together to celebrate one another, play and laugh, forget and forgive, and envision all our different dreams becoming a reality.
“Colors are the smiles of nature.”
Ideas on how to Create a Great Celebration:
SEND out COLORFUL CATCH-M CARDS as invitations –
- Pick a date—Any day is a great day to celebrate!
- Pick a location – Parks, Backyards, School yards, etc.
Create CATCH-M Gear to wear –
- Use: T-shirts, hats, headbands, socks, capes, decorated boxers for A-BUN-DANCE, etc.
BUY Supplies –
- Get Colored Powder, Water Balloons, etc.
FOOD and DRINK –
- Yummies are a must.
- Hire a fantastic band, DJ, or play your own. Great tunes makes for great fun!
SURPRISES throughout the festival
- Smile treats – Fun Notes to find
- Holi Gifts – Beautiful Flowers to gift
- Sweet Exchange – Yummy treats to share
DRUM FUN –
- Make “You Can” Drums.
- Make up Boom Shake Songs together in a Drum Circle around a bonfire
- Go around the circle one person at a time – Stand up and do A-BUN-DANCE. Then share your favorite four legged animal, what you’re thankful for, and best of all your dream.
- Stay up late and tell stories under your magical, mystical stars.
- Light candles in celebration of your life and dreams together!
Please share photos or videos of your ideas and fun from World Smile Day!
We’d love to see, build community, and celebrate the quest for our dreams together.
or send them to us directly. Tell us your name, where your from, and if it is okay for us to share them with our community.