Build Your Dream Board
“All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.”
See it! Believe it! Achieve it!
Dare to dream! It’s where all greatness begins, and A DREAM BOARD can be a tool to help you start.
Dream Board Materials Needed:
- Paper, poster board, tape, glue.
- Collected magazines, newspapers, meaningful quotes, pictures, or even write out your own sayings and ideas.
Make Your Dream Board:
- Cut out your sayings, photos of heroes, friends, items from a magazine or newspaper that touch the spark in your heart, sings the song of who you are, names the dream of what you can be, do, or have, where you live, who you share it with, or anything else you want to include.
- Create a collage from all the things you gathered, created, or wrote.
“If you can dream it, you can achieve it.”
Place your DREAM BOARD somewhere you can see it everyday as a continual reminder:
- To keep chasing your dream
- To visualize & internalize achieving it.
For more information on how to make Dream Boards and why:
High Schoolers in Austin, Texas surprised me with their awesome Dream Boards for my visit.
Wildwood in Chicago, Illinois made Dream Boards for my visit. They put them on every child’s locker for parents night. FUN 🙂
“The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly.”
Dream Board Backside
On the backside of my Dream Board, I decided I needed to be responsible for me and my dream with ways to stay in the arena, so I created MY 12 COMMANDMENTS:
1. BE KAT
3. BE LOVING
4. EXPECT MIRACLES
5. BE THANKFUL
6. BE INTENTIONAL
7. DO MY BEST ALWAYS
8. LAUGH OUT LOUD
9. TAKE RISKS
10. CELEBRATE “WE”
11. BREATHE IN NATURE
12. HUG FOUR-LEGGED FRIENDS
I also picked TWO TORCHES to carry in the arena for the dark, hard, scary, and lonely times inside: LOVE AND COURAGE
LOVE: For myself, others, & my higher power, I hold up high in my right hand.
COURAGE: To continually believe & pursue, I hold in front of me with my left hand to keep my path lit.
When I am alone, afraid, confused, or lost, I simply ask—Is the choice I’m about to make in line with my dream, my 12, and my 2 torches?
If yes, I look back up at my star, smile big in who I am, believe, & keep striving…