World Smile Day
“Improving this world, one smile at a time.”
The Harvey Ball World Smile Foundation slogan
We are all HEROES! On World Smile Day let’s celebrate our dreams together, and the fun of
WHOOSH! WHAM!—hands up, wham, to the chest—catching of CATCH-M.
(Notice the kids great idea to do their CATCH-M creations on the palm their hands to have some fun with the WHOOSH! WHAM! to their chests.)
Remember and share the brilliance of Baby Baboon and Frog’s Riddle:
A _ _ _ _ _ is contagious.
A _ _ _ _ _ can increase your face value.
A _ _ _ _ _ can change your mood, the energy in a room, and
the events in a day, making better all along the way.
A _ _ _ _ _ can go anywhere. Speak any language. Tug on any heart.
A _ _ _ _ _ invites the divine light of CATCH-M into your life.
Now fill in the blank. A _ _ _ _ _ Never forget it’s POWER!
And remember, no one needs to be given one of these than has none left to give.
“A warm smile is the universal language of kindness.”
William Arthur Ward
We came up with our own Special Way to Celebrate World Smile Day… with EGGS!
We chose eggs to celebrate because of “The Golden Treasure” we all have hidden in our chest.
The CATCH-M Challenge
To play there are 4 ways you must use your eggs. But before you start, you must draw a smile on every egg you use. Then let the challenge begin:
- CATCH-M CARRIES – Decorate a special egg with your CATCH-M creation on it, and take him with you where ever you go through out the day with out letting him break! (Have fun, but be sure to take good care of him like you would your favorite pet. Take a pillow/ kleenex with you in case he gets tired or cold, etc 🙂
Parents with young kids know hard boiled eggs are good to use and to call the game CATCH-M Cuddles to emphasize the importance of keeping smiles close to you throughout the day.
- CATCH-M RELAYS – Get a couple, friends, neighbors, classmates, office mates and have a blast playing CATCH-M Relays. Put on a trash bag if you are in nice clothes. Then play The Egg and Spoon Relay, The Egg Under Your Chin Passing Relay, The Egg Balancing On The Head Take Ten Steps and Return Relay.
- CATCH-M ROULETTE – Get a good comrade to dare this game with you! Start with 6 eggs – 3 boiled and 3 regular mixed into the egg carton. One by one, each player selects a smiling egg. The player smashes the egg they chose over their own head. The winner is the last man smiling – The player with the most boiled eggs chosen.
- CATCH-M CATCHES – You can have fun with the CATCH-M CATCHES. You either play alone and see how high you can toss the egg up into the sky and catch it without breaking it. Or you can play as a group with a judge to see whose goes the highest.
You can also play a partner game. You start close, facing each other. Then toss the egg back and forth without it breaking. With each success, you both take two steps back and keep going until one player with big smiles from no egg mess is left!
“I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile.”
Here Are Some Other Ideas that Two-Leggers Around the World Have Used to Celebrate World Smile Day over the years:
- Acts of kindness with Surprise Smiles, Smiley Face Cards, or You Can Notes
- World’s largest human smiling face
- Balloon releases bearing WSD messages
- Create your own CATCH-M’s
- Where’s CATCH-M Contests
- Sidewalk chalk activities
- Choral performances
- Hot Air balloons
- Pie eating contest
- And any smile treats for those you love or are in need, smile events in hospitals, making videos, or any other creative ways you can think of to make someone smile
HAVE FUN and whatever you decide to do to make the day special, at some point pull out your “YOU CAN DRUM” and play A-BUN-DANCE game as you shout:
“MY LIFE IS FULL OF A-BUN-DANCE”
Please share photos or videos of your ideas and fun from World Smile Day!
We’d love to see, build community, and celebrate the quest for our dreams together.
or send them to us directly. Tell us your name, where your from, and if it is okay for us to share them with our community.