Go Big Goals
“Dream Big! Set GOALS! Take Action.”
FIRST, STAY TRUE TO YOU & YOUR DREAMS BY FEASTING ON A “GO BIG & GO FOR IT” GOAL SANDWICH
TO ACHIEVE YOUR DREAMS, FEAST ON ALL 3 G’s:
- GRATITUDE – THE BASE – THE FOUNDATION: Think about, even thank about the great feeling of a moment, person, place, or thing that you are super GREAT-FUL for! Everyday start with a gratitude! Write it down, share it with your family at breakfast, a friend on the bus. It sets a foundation for the rest of the day.
- GOAL – THE MEAT – THE SUBSTANCE: You need to set goals! Chewing on them is how you grow! They give you strength & guidance on who you are, your gifts, & where you want to go!
- GIVING – THE TOPPING – THE BEST PART: To celebrate our best life, we need to put a cherry on top—Find ways EVERYDAY to give, to be kind! When we do, we experience the thrill of achievement, fulfillment, & continued motivation on the winding road to achieving our goals.
- Every day fill your APPOINTED LOVE CAN or make a “3G Box” – In the morning, fill it with your goal & gratitude. At night, fill it with the best gift you gave/ kind act you made. A great tradition for a classroom/ family or on your own!
PomPoms & Dreamcatchers
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”
“SECOND, Always remember to celebrate you, your friends & families too, no matter what you go through!”
As you pursue your goals, you will inevitably face hardship, heartache, & naysayers. When you do:
2. Feast on your GOAL SANDWICH.
3. Make POMPOMS like Baby Baboon to stay motivated & keep your moods in check!
My daughter having a blast with home-made PomPoms while drumming with her daughter. At night, she sleeps with her PomPom as a Dreamcatcher so the bad dreams get stuck on the fluff & the good dreams pass thru to her.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE POMPOMS:
- Pick a material to make just the handle:
Hangers, wire, vines, sticks, twigs, pencils, popsicle sticks, etc.
- Pick a material to make the hoop to attach to the handle:
Hangers, wire, vine, old bracelets, lids to jars, paper plates with a middle circle cut out, duck tape, etc.
- Pick a material to make the fluff to attach to the hoop: yarn, construction paper, leafs, grass, flowers, feathers, boas, Hawaiian leis, plastic grocery bags, old pillow cases, t-shirts, bandanas, etc. If you want, you can write your dreams, heroes, favorite quotes, or big smiles on the fluff.
THIRD, Use Your Pompoms to help you stay grateful & as a dreamcatcher
Attach your fluff to the hoop or handle with tape, staples, rubber band or whatever you think. Then:
- When you feel moody & blue, grab your handle-hoop & use it like a PomPom. Make up your own “Boom Shake Celebration Song,” play the A-BUN-DANCE Game & remember the power of a smile to make one’s dream come true.
- Hang the PomPom over your bed to use it like A Dream-Catcher. The fluff will catch any bad dreams & the good dreams will be allowed to pass thru to you.
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
Preslie Freid is having fun showing off the start of my PomPom/ Dream-Catcher Collection. Some are home-made, and some are store bought.
For more ideas on how to make your own PomPom/ Dream-Catchers:
Finally, ways to stay true to you & your dreams:
INDIVIDUALS -START YOUR DAY WITH GRATITUDE! I tell my kids it’s like taking a 100 pound weight into a pool. You feel like Super Woman. It lightens the load of your goals, so that they stay fun & achievable! Write out or state 3 great-fulls every day!
FAMILIES – COME TOGETHER FOR A MEAL, possibly every Sunday-Funday to share your goals for the week so everyone can go after their dreams together. My families help with my book leaves no doubt that shared dreams are the best kind!
CLASSROOMS – CIRCLE UP & go around the room to share how you GAVE to someone that day or week, even write it out, & fill an A-POINT-ED Love Can with your Kindness Act for the day, a great way to stay connected & encouraged when times get tough.