Design a Crown
“Give me my robe, put on my crown; I have immortal longings in me.”
Know You Are Born Extraordinary — The Only You Who Will Ever Be — Tap Into Your Possibility—Celebrate the Priceless, Timeless Treasure You Are Made of
Create your CROWN with complete PRIDE like Lion who was crowned King of the Beast & Queen Termite!
Celebrate your gifts, talents, & dreams. Tap into your possibility! Know you are extraordinary! A KING – A QUEEN born as ROYALTY! Lead! Become the true RULER of your life by listening to who you are & others too!
- Paper, poster board, cardboard, or even a cereal box
- Construction paper, foil, gift wrap, stickers, paint, crayons, pens
- Scissors, staples, glue, tape or you can make a crown using “The Crown Download”
For more ideas on how to make your own crown:
Listen & Lead with Pride & Honor
“If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
John Quincy Adams
For community building fun, crown a different person in your family, class, or neighborhood every day, week, or month!
The PERSON WEARING THE CROWN gets to:
- LEAD the group.
- Enjoy SHOW & TELL – A time for the crowned honoree to pick their favorite book, toy, sport, musical instrument, story, hero, artwork, etc. that represents their passion. This time offers the group a great way to honor one another through listening & sharing in each other’s gifts, interests, & dreams while building a WE community. Lion says, “Listen twice as much as we speak. It’s why we have two ears and one mouth.”
- Celebrate with a GIVE-AWAY, a timeless African Animal tradition. The crowned honoree creates a ritual where they give away something they love, treasure, or find useful with a surrendered & joyful heart. It’s a sign that they are willing to share, sacrifice, & celebrate the power of WE. The animals believe sacrifice means “to make sacred” so that the act of giving allows their tribe to know no one will ever be abandoned, orphaned, or left without food, dwelling or help. The gift of sharing is an HONORED way to celebrate your tribe’s willingness to THRIVE and LIVE in A-BUN-DANCE together!
““I call you KING not as a term of endearment or a pet name but as a reminder. Signed, A QUEEN.”
The No Bad BUTtS Game
“To lead ‘But I can’t’ can never be spoken.”
Baby Baboon made her crown, then created “The No Bad BUTs Game”! She learned from watching Kudu & the other animals to stop thinking “Yeah, but I can’t…” & live BIG instead:
HOW TO PLAY:
- Know your bad “but” moods. They are usually rooted in fear & lead to flight, fight, or freeze. To avoid these bad “but” moods, you can put on your crown, tutu, cape, headband, or anything grand & like Kudu decide to be the best you!
- The game is similar to SIMON SAYS, but you play with different key phrases. The leader, the person playing Simon, has the key phrase that people are suppose to follow – “YES! I can stand: YES! I can sit; YES! I can jump up and down; YES! I can…’” The phrase that people are not suppose to follow – “Yeah, BUT I can’t stand; Yeah! But I can’t…” If anyone in the crowd follows the, “Yeah, BUT I can’t stand,” phrases they are out of the game.
- The last guy remaining, who listened and never followed the “Yeah, BUT I can’t” phrase, wins the game.
Please share photos of your CROWN TO HONOR YOUR LIFE!
We’d love to see, build community, and celebrate the quest for our dreams together.
Share them on social media with a #GOBIG #LIVEBIG #CATCHM
or send them to us directly. Tell us your name, where your from, and if it is okay for us to share them with our community.