Codes, Notes & Riddles
“I think words operate like musical notes that the eyeball hears.”
Now come up with your own ways to encourage yourself & others to fight for dreams.
To get ideas, try some of these—
More Termite Tricks that have been passed down over the years for us to have fun with:
- E S B-U-T
- F-I-T 2 B V
- P-Z N-J-O U-R D-R-E-M
My Very, Very Favorite Riddle—One Frog & Baby Baboon wrote long ago that has been passed down for generations:
- A _ _ _ _ _ is contagious.
- A _ _ _ _ _ can increase your face value.
- A _ _ _ _ _ can change—your mood, the energy in a room, the events of a day—making better all along the way.
- A _ _ _ _ _ can go anywhere. Speak any language. Tug any heart.
- A _ _ _ _ _ invites the divine light of CATCH-M into your life.
Now fill in the blank. A _ _ _ _ _ Never forget it’s power!
And know—No one needs one more than has none left to give.
“Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here are two riddles from J.R.R. Tolkien’s book The Hobbit that we love and changed a bit to fit our books story:
- “‘This thing all things devour: Birds, beats, trees, flower; Gnaws iron, bites steel; Grinds hard stones to meal; Slays king, ruins towns,
And beats high mountains down.’ —
And as you chase your dream, don’t let it discourage you too.”
- “Like your heart—
‘It’s a box without hinges, key, or lid,
Yet golden treasure inside hid.’”
A Math Riddle:
“If a tadpole takes 14 days to grow its legs, six days to lose its tail, and another two days to become a froglet that can survive on dry land, can it celebrate with a Boom Shake Song if the pond dries up twenty days after it hatches?”
My kids also love to share all kinds of U K-N Notes, decorate Surprise Smile Downloads, send a LOVE BIG GRAM from the AP, or any other fun thing we can think of to help encourage someone else on their HEROIC QUEST.
Sutton surprises her babysitter with A Special Smiley-Face Card that says “You are extraordinary” and a flower to say “Thank You” for all she does.
The Answers to the book DREAM BIG’s Riddles:
The Answers to the Website’s Riddles:
1. The Termite Tricks:
a. WE is beauty
b. Fight to be free
c. Please enjoy your dream
2. My Very Very Favorite Riddle: A SMILE
3. J.R.R. Tolkien’s Riddles:
b. An egg
4. A Math Riddle: Yes
PLEASE SHARE THE FUN IDEAS, CODES, NOTES & RIDDLES THAT YOU CREATE!
We’d love to see, build community, and celebrate the quest for our dreams together.
or send them to us directly. Tell us your name, where your from, and if it is okay for us to share them with our community.